Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Worst Offense?


The hubby and I both have ummm.... an intimate relationship with Mrs. T's Pierogies. There is nothing better than reaching into that bag of 72 and throwing what you want into the pot of water. What is it tonight? 5 of 'em? 7? Midnight? No matter - slap 9 into a pot of water and enjoy!

However... this afternoon, I saw my beloved do something which I found most extreme. He had a plate of 'em slathered with minced onions and soy sauce. You read me right... SOY SAUCE. I commented and he was quick to exclaim, "But you put salsa and sour cream on them!"

So I ask you...which is the greater offense to my Polish friends? Soy sauce or salsa and sour cream? Discuss.

6 comments:

Presbyfruit's History Bits said...

I prefer naked pierogies, just as they are. Butter and/or brown gravy is also good. Not so sure about either the soy sauce or salsa. Sounds a little too exotic for my WV-bred palate.

Unknown said...

I have never had them? Can they be found in any grocer?

(This would be a future purchase, like February.)

(Oh, and the word verfication was almost a word-puzzlr-which is great.)

Thank you for your wishes.

Kari Hultman said...

Unless the pierogies have broccoli growing on them, I'll pretty much eat them. It's all good.

more cows than people said...

not polish... but both your adornments sound delectable to me. i so often get hungry when i read your blog. i actually went out and bought m and m's the other night...

Gay, Married, with Cat said...

We put cottage cheese on them (my better half is part Slovakian), but they're also good without anything or with tomato sauce.

I don't know about the soy sauce. :-(

LadyBurg said...

Hum...not sure I've ever had them. Both soy sauce and salsa seem like a mixing of identities but what the heck - go with what tastes good! That's my basic rule of thumb in life. :)