Ok... See my post of a few days ago where the weirdo woman tried to tell me all about demons and religion. It gets weirder....
My response to the second wild rant....
We actually do go to church. My husband went to seminary. I just find the idea that demons will come to your home if you don't tithe to be bad theology.
Her response to me....
if he is a pastor then it's different especially if he is filled with the holy ghost then he has the power to rebuke correct and chastise people. that's not bad theology it's real. get educated a little bit more when the times comes youll udnerstand it more clearly.
My response....
Please tell me you are kidding.
She wasn't. Her response...
no im not kidding if he is a pastor then he needs to have the holy ghost or maybe your religion is different from mines and youre being taught differently then i am but we go by the bible and everything and i know what im talking about.
I responded...
I cannot even believe I am having this conversation. Can you show me the scripture where pastor's have the "power to rebuke, correct and chastise people," as you say?
What denomination are you that you seem to be separating the "holy ghost" from the trinity?
And can you please spell check?
Her response (please note she did not spell check as requested)...
i am not seperating the holy ghost from trinity i know that the father son and the holy ghost is one. he has the right it is the pastor job. he has a very important job and if he's really a pastor and anointed he is filled with the holy ghost and i know because my pastor will correct us. also god chastise those he loves. he does have a right to rebuke people it's his job if he has the discerning of spirits. i am apostolic thats my denomination. if you cant believe youre having this conversation then stop talking.you need to know things. right so im telling u them..
Anyone have any suggestions for my next move?
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Back away from the crazy, nutcase woman...very, very slowly.
yeah, i'd say let it go.
she is convinced she has a corner on the truth. good for her. she's not especially coherent. she's not engaging in a mutually balanced conversation.
why bother? if you were both open to learning from each other that would be one thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
my two cents.
Hmmm... I could just be reading the Bible but I think Jesus said something like this about rebuking and chastising...
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5)
Paul also said a lot about not boasting about any exclusive position you might hold before God because of how you follow the law. You can find that in Romans - literally the entire epistle.
Note how Ms. Holy Whack Nut never answered your questions about scripture either. Folks like this are just plain dishonest, loaded with delusions of grandeur, and patently idolatrous with the way, especially here, they equate the actions of people (the reference to God's chastisement) with those of God.
So think about it this way. If you were Jesus, I mean the one in the New Testament that died in spite of humanity's reaction to his message of love, who would you rebuke in this case and who would you have a meal with: Ms. Holy Whack Nut who thinks she's got it absolutely right, or Stephen Hawking - an atheist who has changed how we understand the universe and does so in spite of his chronic MS?
It just sucks that we have to find some way to love folks like Ms. Holy Whack Nut as well...damn.
I'm with Drew...
Although the thing I thought of while I was reading this was that church tour in Ethiopa - The Church of the Holy Trinity..."God the Father, Son, and Holy Goat."
Maybe she was thinking of the Holy Goat...I hear they have a way of chastising and rebutting, I mean rebuking, people....
Oh, the Holy Goat guy! And he kept tapping his foot on the floor telling us about all the people they buried under the church - you could practically hear the echoes off the bones. Shiver.
Very Smart Former College Roommate (VSFCR) said I should respond and refer to God as She! OOOOOOOOH... tempting.
Post a Comment