The wedding yesterday was a BLAST! Here's what made me happy....
My boys wore matching outfits. All the way down to matching argyle socks!
My kids were not quiet during the ceremony, but none of the kids were. And it added something very cute to the service.
The wedding ended up being held indoors and I was satisfied with my outfit.
We have very cute pictures!
I was standing in the hallway with the two year old and a random boy who I had never seen before ran up to my child, smacked him said, "Tag, you're it!" and took off running. Our guy giggled like a madman and took off after him, glad to play the game.
A little boy, about 4 years old, sang a very toddlerish rendition of "It's Not Unusual" after the toast.
Our 2 year old ADORED the dance floor and wanted to breakdance to every song - even the slow ones.
Neither of my kids were afraid of the bagpipes.
Our oldest, who had never met the bride and groom before, kept yelling the bride's name and asking her to dance.
At the cocktail hour, our oldest played with the kids of friends we haven't seen in ten years.
A friend from college started a sentence with, "Remember when" and it was an event I had not remembered until he replayed it. My husband and I had done something that really meant a lot to this friend and it was something that we would have done for any friend. It was so cool that it was special to him and we were just being us.
The bride looked incredible and when I told her that the twins looked lovely, she knew exactly what I meant and thanked me profusely for the compliment.
We put our sons in their PJs at about 10 and I had the joy of watching them continue to dance and party in their cute jammies while all the other kids were dressed up.
We left the festivities at about 11:00 for our hour drive home and no one cried in the car.
The wedding was held at a resort just an hour away from where we live. We had never heard of this place before.... but we will go back!
Did I mention matching argyle socks?
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No wardrobe is complete without argyle socks. That is awesome!
yes!
Post a Comment