Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Porn Star

Ever do your Porn Star name? What you do is take the name of your first pet and the street you grew up on. There's your porn star name. Well, my older brother's would be Spunky Country Club. Hmmm. My youngest brother would be Puffy Freeport. Me... well.... of course there is a story involved.

I grew up on the family farm in the middle of nowhere. It was a great place to be raised and I was bored out of my mind (the irony is that I decided to head back that way when I had kids of my own and realized just how appealing boring is to a parent!). As a toddler, the big thrill was to go with my mom and older brother to the bus stop, which was not right in front of my house (very rural middle America of my school district). So when I was 3 and was allowed to pick a kitten from the barn to bring into the house and name it. I chose.... that's right... Bus Stop.

Hence my porn star name - Bus Stop Freeport.

I recently was asked to blog for a popular online parenting site. (I'll be anonymous and can talk about parenting how it really is - you know - like when you attend formal events with baby puke on your shoulder.) It was joked that I should use my porn star name as my alias. Bus Stop? Um.... no. :) So I am using Amber, the name that my parents would have chosen had they been conscious at my birth. So be on the lookout for Amber: Identity Mixed. I'll post links once I get up and rolling.

2 comments:

Kari Hultman said...

Bus Stop Freeport. That's pretty cool. Sounds like a 70's rock band!

will smama said...

It DOES sound like a 70's rock band.

Love,
Licorice Willow or
Charcoal Center (iw!)