Ever ask anyone if they're going to have more kids and they respond, "I'll have as many as God wants."
I don't get it.
I mean, I don't jump in the car behind the wheel, close my eyes and say, "If God wants me to get home, he'll make it happen."
There's just a certain amount of responsibility involved. Don't we have Free Will? You can make your own damn choice.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Unless you are possessed, then this wouldn't be the case.
But, yes.
Oh I don't know, I'm pretty happy to let Him make all my decisions. For instance, every time I open up a jumbo bag of M&M's, He makes it pretty clear that He wants me to eat the entire bag. And I'm good with that.
umm... as someone struggling with infertility I kind of get this answer. Yes, we have some say over our fertility, but... I'm increasingly aware of how much children are are a gift and how little control we have really. perhaps those who answer this way have had some experiences that lead this to be the most gracious answer they can conjure. Or maybe they're smug and self-righteous, but... I don't know. If I have even one I'll be giving ALL the credit to God- because we've DONE practically EVERYTHING imagineable and still... no baby, not even one failed conception- nothing.
i get your point, it just struck a chord.
LOL at the comment village carpenter was leaving while I was posting.
And now I want some m and m's.
Oh, infertility is a whole other blog issue. I am reading a book now where the writer, while dealing with fertility issues, was told by a woman at her church that perhaps God knew she wouldn't be a good mother and that was why she couldn't conceive. AAAARGH.
It's the people who have 6 kids and just keep going who drive me nuts.
I think someone asked me that question once on a bad Mommy day: you know...you haven't slept well, you are elbow deep in poopy diapers, one kid is having a temper tantrum and the one has a runny nose and is blowing little snot bubbles and you just look at them...then look at the person who is asking you that question and the answer seems really simple:
No
More Cows - you infertility has NOTHING to do with God not wanting you to have children. What parent would withhold from or purposefully hurt their child?
Post a Comment