. It feels like just yesterday that we were in college and newly dating!My beloved sat in front of me in my very first class in college - Psychology 101. I was terrified of college since I was hardly Little Miss Academic in high school. So I thought that I would watch the students who seemed that they would be "good." And he introduced himself as a Psych major. Whew! I'll watch him.
Except.... he fell asleep in EVERY class! Every one. I was so confused! My friends told me all about this really nice, funny guy in their classes who had the same name, major and lots of the same traits as this guy. But this guy really was not funny. He was asleep.
I stared at the back of his head the whole semester and the whole semester long heard stories from my friends about how fabulous he was. So when we finally "met" in February of 1993, I knew exactly who he was. So I acted like we were the best pals. I mean, I "knew" him. So I grabbed his arm and started skipping off to the dining hall for lunch with him. I found out later he was a little alarmed by this - girls don't do that unless they like you. Well duh.
Anyway, we remained friends for a long time. And then one day I was introduced to the mom of one of his best friends. And she said, "Oh I know exactly who you are. We used to go to his room to tease him about you." And I knew it. HE LIKED ME!!
I told him that we were going to date. And something in me right then knew we would get married.
Not every moment has been fun. We have our trials. But our relationship is not "work." It never has been. We formed our relationship on friendship and on the common ground of humor. I hope we both live to see our 50th wedding anniversary!
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! seems like just yesterday!
Is that Lisa from WC? Hi Lisa! :)
WOW TEN years! That's huge! Congrats! :)
Congratulations! Here's to at least 5 more decades!
Congratulations on 10 years!!
Congratulations! What great memories!
happy days.. it was a beautiful wedding..
Post a Comment