Thursday, May 1, 2008

Laundry

How does one complete it? Seriously. Right now, there are about 5 loads of clean laundry on my guest bed. Fortunately, when my parents visit during the summer, they bring their motorhome. So there is no need to fold it. No one's going to sleep there.

But between the toddler who has little "drippy" accidents and needs to go through 3 pairs of underwear a day, the baby who drool incessantly and can't quite get the Spaghetti-Os to his mouth, and the fact that I always find someone else's snot on my shoulder, I just cannot keep up with it!

Part of the issue is that we have a laundry chute to nowhere. It is this massive box in our master bedroom closet that takes up a ton of space and means that we are limited in where we can put our clothes. And by adding air conditioning to our home, we had to lose the top of our baby's closet by getting ductwork (Previously the whole house was electric... a major pain for another post). So literally, there isn't enough space for our clothing.

Am I making an excuse? Maybe.

But here's a perfectly valid reason for not putting all our laundry away. My mother. Yup. My mom. When she was here after my youngest was born, she threw out socks that had holes in them. Not the whole pair. Just the individual sock. So now when I do a load of laundry, I never know if that missing sock is going to show up somewhere or if it's part of the set that my mom ditched.

So. She's to blame again. :)

1 comment:

Annie's Mom said...

I think you just accept the fact that it's not going to be caught up for a long time, and then... have a glass of wine, or something nice.