We moved here a year ago. The first phone number that the phone company gave us was previously used by someone who was way way in debt. We had that phone number for not quite a month and received maybe 30 phone calls from angry bill collectors. When I would say, "So and So doesn't live here," the response would be, "Do you know where he is?" UMM... I don't even know WHO he is!
So we had enough. I called the phone company and learned that you get one free number switch. What are the odds of it happening twice, right?
It seems that the next number we were given belonged to someone who also has a problem paying their bills on time. (If Jeff and Rhonda ever ask to borrow money, reconsider!)
Every month, Dish Network calls to remind us to pay the bill. So many companies now have your account number tied to your phone number. So when I try to call, even pretending that I want to start service with them, I go straight to "my" account, which states that I owe money. Argh. So I have called three times. Each time, they said they would resolve it. The last time, however, the person said they would not be able to change the number unless I confirmed my name. What do they need MY name for? So I said "Flimflam Jimbob." He was not amused. He said he needed my REAL name. WHY? I stated, "It is neither Jeff or Rhonda. That is all that should matter." It didn't matter.
So I sent off a nasty email to the company complaining about their policies. That was three weeks ago. No response.
Tonight.... the recording. "This is Dish Network with an important message about your account. Your account is now overdue...."
Shoot me. Seriously, if anyone has Dish Network, let it be known that they never shut you off!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know you and so my prayers are for Dish Network.
For I know they shall pay.
Must be the same people who call me about Jose. Jose had my cell number and never paid any of his bills. What cracks me up is when they always ask me, "Are you sure you are not Jose?" Hmmm
Post a Comment