September 29 - October 6 is Banned Book Week! Join me in buying and reading these books!
I just finished reading The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things. It was virtually impossible to put down. Besides the fact that it is an easy read, I was desperately searching for what got it on the Top 100 List! Was it bulimia, date rape, or teen life? There was one miniscule reference to homosexuality. Why do parents want to ban honesty? Seriously - I think every person who ever felt like they didn't fit in should read this book.
I'm on to the next one. Not sure which I will pick up yet. I have about 5 hours to think about it!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's prob the word "butt" in the title!!! HA! I really enjoyed that one too!
I'm actually really, really surprised that no one is buzzing about the word "bitch" appearing in HP 7!
I'm already corrupted having read a bunch of these books. And how did "How to eat fried worms" make this list???
Post a Comment