Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story.
1. vineyard
We went to one on our first wedding anniversary. It was pretty cool. Learned a lot about how wine is made. I highly recommend it!
2. root
I think of root beer - the carbonated beverage of choice both times I was pregnant.
3. rescue
This ones funny. I think of my dogs. Not how I rescued them, but how they rescued me. We got Stella just 5 months before fibromyalgia nailed my ass. I literally would not have gotten out of bed days at a time if she wasn't there. She was the reason I walked out the door each morning. So she rescued me from what could have turned into a severe depression. Sasha rescued me from pity. She was huge, lumbering and cancer ridden. But when I wanted to complain, she'd give me her sad puppy howl/bark. My sweetheart in fur. And Sophie symbolizes the end of life on the east coast and the start of new. I picked her up the day our old house closed. Probably the worst day of my life - trying to close on a home while a 7 hour drive away - but then I picked her up at midnight at the airport. I was crying because of my day and she let out a whopper belch. I knew that we made the right decision to adopt her! :)
4. perseverance
I think "Just keep chuggin" is easier to spell.
5. divided
Math. And therefore I do not like the word.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These were great! And you knocked 'rescue' right out of the park.
Post a Comment