Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mmmmm Chicken!

A group of moms from our church have been getting together two mornings a month for some sanity. It's kind of a play group, but I think it is just as much for us as it is for the kids! We started out doing it at the church. We have an incredible nursery there, but also a preschool. So the spaces that are designed for the kids are all out. So we would meet in the Women's Lounge... can we say, "not child friendly." It was decided to then meet at homes.

This morning it was at my house. I used to be very Type A and OCD about my home pre-Paxil. We are certainly not pigs here, but I don't dust as much as maybe I should. I just am a bit more concerned about other things.

The toddler, who always has ways of amusing himself and those around him, was a very good host. He wasn't the best sharer at every moment, but he's 2 1/2 and not used to people coming to his house to play. All things considered, he was amazing!

At one point, all moms were in the living room and the toddler came barreling out of the kitchen exclaiming, "Mommy! Mommy!"

Every Mom stopped talking and turned to him.

He sat down mid "Mommy," looked at his foot, exclaimed, "Wow! Chicken!" and picked something out from between his toes, placed it in his mouth, stood back up and continued racing to me screaming, "Mommy!"

What would YOU have done?

7 comments:

Kari Hultman said...

I would have laughed raucously and logged another entry in his baby book.

A friend is always telling us stories about her nieces and nephews. The nephew, who is 3, loves to say grace at meals. The other night at dinner, and in all seriousness, he started his prayer with "Dear God, thank you for my penis..."

Unknown said...

Did you ask him if it was good?

will smama said...

"Honey. I told you to share with your friends."

Anonymous said...

This will now forever be known as the "toe chicken" incident.

Annie's Mom said...

I would have written it down somewhere quickly in order to bring it up at his wedding down the road.

more cows than people said...

love this. the post and the comments!

Drew Tatusko said...

Stopped him to make sure it s kosher for Hannukah.