Part of being almost 3 is full body exploration. Two words - potty training. We have to talk a lot about the pee pee (which is the general word we use here for both genders). He knows that everyone has a pee pee but different people have different-looking pee pees. This afternoon, post-nap, Mommy AND Daddy had to pee pee on the potty before he would. Oh, the pressure.
There are just things that you have to do for a toddler that you never thought you would do. And every little piece of it brings me joy (or at the very least, amusement). One of the things that I adore about him is his use of the English language...
For example...
- He calls his belly button his "belly butt." Makes perfect sense to me.
- Kix is called "bubble cereal."
- A lollipop is a "Me Pop." Every lollipop in the world should be his, he believes!
- The tag on his shirt, when it bothers him, is called a bug.
- For the longest time, it was not shoes and socks, but simply ShoeSocks. This one drove me nuts... ask Will Smama!
- He knows his whole alphabet and sings it at whim. But when his preschool teachers ask him to do it, he starts but then at various points just starts singing, "blah blah blah blah." This was heavily mentioned at our parent-teacher conference last week.
It really is fun being a parent!
4 comments:
One phrase (and I am trying to be phoenetic):
"Doeddy. You get peeper towowe fur me... (Snifffff!)"
love this. thanks.
My littlest one turns 2 in February (our oldest will be 10 next month!). But, the baby says the funniest things. Like "Boo!" and then either "Am I scary?" or "Are you scared?" and a new one, "I do it. I can do it!" LOL.
So can you pee an command?
Post a Comment