My two year old has pink toenails. Pink. I was painting my nails and he wanted his done. So ok. I painted them.He is very proud of them. He ripped his shoes and socks off at church, school, the playgroup.... all to show off his "pinks."
And every time he shows someone, I get asked, "Does your husband know?" Of course he knows. He was there.... not protesting.
Why does it matter if my husband approved? Do they fear my toddler will grow up to be less manly because he, at age two, had pink toenails? And does that really matter anyway?
His favorite color is pink. He made a Thanksgiving turkey at school complete with pink feathers. And when asked what he was thankful for, he responded, "brother, paint and the color purple." So I guess sometimes purple is his favorite color.
Yet when I gave him a Barbie to see what he would do, he used her as a sword. I think we're ok... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
7 comments:
Okay, I don't know you, but I don't care. I am soooo happy to come across a blog where another 2 year old has painted toenails!!! Every time I get out my polish he automatically positions himself right next to me and puts his little feet out just waiting for me to do his toes!!!! Cute, but I haven't got the nerve to tell my husband yet. LOL
COOL! I think people sometimes say things because that is what the sitcoms have told them to say.
I read an article about potty training where the woman made her son underwear that had pink tractors on them in order to encourage him not to get his favorite thing wet.
Pink tractors... awesome.
I read somewhere that in the 19th century, pink was the color for boys and blue for girls. They thought back then that pink was the more manly color.
Maybe it just means your son is destined to become a Civil War reenactor.
So... Chicken (so we are lead to believe) in the toes preceded by pink toes. This is somehow all connected, but I am not sure how just yet.
What I find odd is that it's ok for a girl to do "boy" things - wear pants, play sports, play with cars and truck etc...but it's not ok for boys to do girl things like wear skirts, paint their nails, do their hair etc...
As I always tell my kids...There are no "girl" colors or "boy" girls - colors are just colors.
The VC is correct about the pink for boys, the colors swapped in the mid fifties.
Maybe your son likes Aerosmith.
You're a wise mom, too. Good training for a boy to know colors don't matter, and that he can play with whatever he wants. Yay.
Post a Comment