I have been a member of my local MOMS Club chapter for just over a year now. When I moved here and had a major issue meeting other like-minded moms, I was so happy to find this group of women! Most of them have had careers and have advanced degrees, but decided to down-size in order to be able to stay home and raise their children.
There are many members of our club who do still work. And there are many members whose husbands work odd hours (police officers, pilots, college professors, etc). So we have felt the need to have playdates and additional evening activities.
But, the "rules and regulations" of the organization state that we can only have one evening or one weekend event per month. When we pursued the issue further, we were told that husbands "feel resentment" when family time is taken away from them and we were not permitted to have additional activities.
Ok. This just rubs me the wrong way for so many reasons. I am sure you can imagine.
So has anyone else felt this? Do we disband and join up with a group that does NOT have a 1950's mentality?
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are you kidding??? This group tries to dictate how you spend your time by trying to suppose how your husband feels about it??
Rubs me the wrong way too...
If the group agrees, then find a place that suits your needs.
Post a Comment