We were supposed to get our economic stimulus check sometime in May or June. But you know the IRS....Between kids, preschool, playdates, housework, and all the other fun stuff in my life, I haven't been able to find time to sit on hold with the IRS. I finally got to call today.
Aside from the amusement that a song from the Nutcracker played over and over again for half an hour, it really wasn't that bad. The operator had a sense of humor and I was happy with how she dealt with the issue.
But, she said, "Now I just need to process the tray and once that happens, it will take 6 weeks."
Um, process the tray? Is there some little In/Out box on her desk that someone carries down the hall? Is that old lingo for how it used to work? Am I in a stack of papers with someone else? I had all kinds of mental images.
I'm the kind of person who sees things in my brain. If I meet someone, I want to know how their name is spelled. "Is that Michelle with one 'l' or two?" I see their name in my head. So the visual of a tray...
I wanted to know if it was a real tray. And if it was, I wanted to ask if it was glass or metal. I wanted to know if it was engraved.
I'm really struggling with this.
1 comment:
Hey IM,
I just love this post! So true! My pre-schooler and I were in the County Recorder's office Friday and the receptionist greeted us like an old friend, only he never looked up from his "tray". So when our turn came to speak with him again, I complimented him for how skilled he was at keeping the line moving. Wouldn't you know it? He raised his head, gave me a warm smile and started chatting away about what all was involved in being a professional. Another one plucked up from the quick sand!
Believe well!
Adelaide Zindler, B.S., Fp
The Savvy Parent Coach
Www.CoachMyParents.com
Post a Comment