So, the sociologist in me was curious about a year ago. I decided to join an online dating site under a fake name but with mostly real data just to see who I'd be matched with.
I thought it would be funny and I could show my BFH my other options in an event he pissed me off (like when he doesn't get his shoes on fast enough when I want to go somewhere or when he forgets that the liquor cabinet is empty and I am a stay at home mom). Anyway...
I keep getting matches even though I decided to tell them I was now "in relationship." And what's weirder is that the matches are not people I would normally find myself with.
I like the guys who are nerdy with an edge. You know, the doctoral candidate with one tattoo. Or the blog addict who drinks a little too much. Ones like my hubby.
But I keep getting matched with hardcore hunters, men who live off the land, little scrappy men who don't believe in bathing it seems. The kind of men who would expect me to live off of road kill and the small engine repair business we'll run out of our basement.
So did I totally hit off the mark with BFH? I don't think so... but I might just ask him to pick up a weapon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It might say more about the men who sign up than about the actual "matching." How are they going to match what they don't have?
Maybe the hubby has a hidden grizzly adams in him somewhere.. tell him to grow a beard and find out :)
The only way to be absolutely certain is to go on a date with one of the noisome, rugged manly-men.
Post a Comment