Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Right..... but what do YOU think?

Let me start of by saying I am a Democrat. I think it's pretty clear, but I want to lay that out there before I begin.

McCain was on Letterman last night. Did anyone else catch it? It was pointless. Sure, as it was happening, he was saying pretty intelligent stuff. He made the audience laugh and applaud. And this is New York City. They only clap when they mean it (and sometimes when they are told).

But upon reflection this morning, it occurred to me - he said not one original thought. Everything he said was a quote from someone else. Of course, when we quote people, we sound very intelligent, well read, like someone who reflects upon every spoken word. But all that shows me, in hindsight, is that he can repeat others who think just like him.

What does everyone else think?

1 comment:

I'm Still Me said...

Using quotes to create your point doesn't seem right to me. Using quotes to enhance what your original thought is, that makes sense.