I am looking for two nice rocking chairs for my front porch. I have found ones I like, but do I really need to pay $200 for teak? Seriously. I have two kids and three dogs. Anything I buy has the potential to get scratched, stained, and quite possibly eaten.
All I want is two rocking chairs that are comfortable and dark brown in color. Inexpensive would be nice too. Anyone know a good carpenter?
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If your porch isn't covered, then teak is an excellent choice. It's weather and disease resistant.
From a woodworker's standpoint: you will pay less for any piece of furniture that is made by a manufacturing company than you would from an individual, because large companies can buy wood in bulk and they are set up for cookie-cutter production.
The lumber cost to have a rocker made by an individual, would probably be $100. $200, if it's teak. ; )
Good luck, then.
Well, we went for the Walmart special. Figure we'll put them in the shed for the winter. They're comfy!
Post a Comment