Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All Things Urine

My oldest, "BL" (Big Love), is 3 and potty trained. We fought with him for some time and when we relaxed and let him do it his way, it all worked out. (Isn't that always the case?)

Well, BL's big fight is that he absolutely has to pee standing up. And not just that, but he MUST have a target. So we put a piece of toilet paper in and his great joy is to break the piece of toilet paper in half and then move the halves around with his stream.

That's my boy.

We went to a playdate at the park yesterday and the public restroom was closed. But BL had to pee. So we went behind a building, I picked out a stick and he got the stick wet. Great fun. When we returned to the playground, all the other moms wanted to know how I solved the great pee problem. "Where did you go?" "The restroom is closed! What did you do?" Um.... I pulled down his pants and told him what to piss on.

This is one of the great joys of being the mom of boys. I am learning all kinds of interesting things about urinals. There is this really neat one in the basement of our church that is at the ground. BL loves to pee on the floor. Then when you flush it, a waterfall comes down the wall. Tonight, even cooler - a centipede was in it. So he got to pee on that (poor creature).

And, it is killer cute to hear a three year old say, "testicles."

Seriously. This is the part they don't tell you about. But it is the part where I really am thankful that I don't have girls. Is peeing this much fun when you have a daughter?

3 comments:

Annie's Mom said...

I've heard that cheerios make good targets too...

Unknown said...

Wacky.

Shazza said...

I wish I could pee on a centipede!