Thursday, March 6, 2008

Guilty Pleasures?

Someone asked me the other day what my guilty pleasures were. I wasn't quite sure how to answer! What were they looking for? Some sort of deep secret?

I really don't have any guilty pleasure. That would mean I feel guilty over something. I have no guilt. All of my "pleasures" are totally necessary and I have no guilt over them!

I take a hot bath just about every night. It is a pleasure that I feel no guilt over. I turn the fan on so I can't hear the kids and hubby takes over. I usually have a trashy novel with me and some nice smelly bubbles. It's nice!

I also have a glass of wine just about every night. It's one glass. I don't even get buzzed. It's just nice. I say it's for my heart.

Naps happen just about every day. I love them. And, quite honestly, I need them. I have napped at least three times a week for the past five or so years. It keeps me sane and patient - which is something that, as a mother, I totally need.

But one thing that I love love love is trash night. I love throwing crap out. It is a cleansing feeling that washes over me as I walk through the house looking for random crap that's simply not necessary. And I love lugging all that random crap to the street for big strong men to take away. I just wish the trash went in the morning and not at night. I think watching the garbage men take my trash just might be my guilty pleasure.

6 comments:

more cows than people said...

wow. you care for yourself beautifully. good for you.

so WCC huh?

Anonymous said...

And let's be clear: It's not because the trash men are hot steamy burly men ;-)

Annie's Mom said...

Mine's candy, hands down. I LOVE candy.

Ithaca Seminarian said...

SO, now that I know about the trash thing, you're coming to help clean the garage when????

Presbyfruit's History Bits said...

I've been taking more long baths with a book lately. I forgot how very good they are!

Unknown said...

Too good to be true, I say. Then again I am a heathen.