Some Parents Regret Names Of Kids
Naming Baby Seen As Part Of Successful Life
Naming Baby Seen As Part Of Successful Life
Um.... Ya think? It brings up the same debate over and over again - you will have your name longer as an adult than you have it as a child. My husband and I imagined ourselves yelling the name at the playground and pictured it on a law firm marquis. It worked both ways. Clearly not every parent thinks before they sign a birth certificate!
Read the full article here.
3 comments:
hmmm...not sure where they get the top 10 most popular names from...in 6 years of teaching I figure I have had roughly 150 kids in my class (when you figure in a high transient rate)...I have had only 7 children in any class with a name on the top 20 list...each name I have had only once. 20 most popular names and I have only had 7 children bearing any of those names. hmmmm....
So many of my kids come from other cultures though....I have had an Abdi, an Eltayeb, a Salman, a Yigit, an Akhdan, and 3 Muhammads...just to name a few....
Mike & Mike were discussing this on ESPN this morning. Mike Green was making comments about "Apple". So if she gets a cut, is that an Apple slice? If her hair is blonde does that make her a golden delicious? Clearly her grandmother is a granny smith? What if she marries a guy with the last name "cider". Does she take it? etc.
Here's another article about bad baby names I thought you would enjoy!
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23631411/?GT1=43001
Post a Comment