Trying to connect with other moms has been a bit of an issue for me. I am a liberal in a strangely mulletted conservative region. It truly has its moments.
The first year I was here, I thought I was going to stick a fork in my eye. No one moves to the area and very few move out. So, for instance, the first week that I was living in the area, I needed to use the elevator in a major department store. I asked an employee where the elevator was and the response, without even looking up, was, "Where the furniture department used to be."
Used to be? That is of no use to me!
So finally I have connected with other moms. Moms, who like me, have a masters degree, but have chosen to stay home to raise their children. I get to have intelligent conversations about politics, religion and poop. Well... I am STILL a mom.
It is totally corny, but I thank God that I have a few people around who I feel a connection with. It was a long time coming.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How did you find them? Just curious...
Conservatives with mullets...as if being conservative wasn't bad enough.
So glad you finally found some like-minded mommies.
Post a Comment