So here is Post #1 about Things They Don't Tell You....
- You will be dumbed down. While he will deny it, I actually heard my husband tell our toddler tonight, "Plummet means falled." Falled?
- Parenting two youngsters, particularly two young kids with personalities like their parents can be so completely frustrating that you actually look at your spouse and thing, "I never want to have sex again if there is any possibility we will get another of these."
- You treasure your sinus infection because it actually means your husband has to come home so you can go to the doctor by yourself. By yourself!! You feel like utter crap but are tempted to stop at the mall because, again, you are BY YOURSELF!
- Breastfeeding sounds all peaceful and snuggly. Yes, if you can master it, snuggling up with your infant is priceless. But there are times when you just think that you would like your body to be yours. (Although the ability to shoot your husband with your boob from across the room is a nice superpower.)
- Your kids will reflect you in ways you never want to see yourself. For instance, my toddler for the longest time called his shoes and socks simply "shoesocks." One word. Drove me up the wall. He sensed it. Still now every now and then will look at me and say, "Where are my shoesocks." Argh.
7 comments:
Sometimes it is nice to just visit friends with kids, because I can leave.
I always think if I could find a woman who would stay with me longer than a couple of years my chances of not being able to leave would increase.
You know, in the almost two year period that I nursed my son, you think I would've caught on to that superpower earlier. I can't wait to try it out tonight. Should be sweet.
Wow, that was great. Now, can you tell me some superpowers related to potty training?
OMG, I didn't know that about the projectile breast milk! can you really aim and fire and hit a target across the room? seriously?
By the way, I LOVE children, but they make me really tired. I don't know how parents---good, attentive parents--function with little ones. You're a better woman than I.
I feel your pain. I have a 10 yr old and a 2 yr old. One with homework, etc. One having meltdowns if she can't have a toy she wants. Evenings are veeeerryy interesting around here.
superpower... yes!
Post a Comment