It's the same thing....
"[Insert Toddler Name], STOP MESSING WITH THE DOG!"
We have three dogs here. Two are ours and one is a foster since we volunteer for a pet rescue group (if anyone wants a very oversized lap dog and major bed hog, let me know). All the dogs are so good with kids. They adore him.
One is especially obsessed with the toddler and would sleep in bed with him if only he would permit it. He can do no wrong to her. She even lets him ride her.
The other dog that is ours has less patience. They growl at each other - the toddler and the dog. He'll mess with her, she'll growl, he'll growl back, he laughs. Now repeat.
The foster dog was raised with four children. He has this low, "I'm annoyed by you" growl which isn't even remotely serious. But it's enough to tell you to leave him alone. At least if you are a normal person.
Since the toddler and the dogs have an agreement, it wouldn't be nearly as annoying to me as it is if the dogs didn't fart every time they growl. Growl out one end, gas out the other.
So not only do we have to hear the messing by the toddler and the growling by the dogs, we get fumigated out of the room after it happens. It is extremely frustrating. But then I realized, I will always know when the toddler has been annoying the dogs by the smell of the room when I come back in.
Now if only I could get the toddler to not like the smell of dog farts. But then again, this is the kid who likes to keep his poop in his Pull-Up as long as possible.
4 comments:
Funny stuff, good to keep records of it.
Our dogs practice growl-free farting.
And I do farting-free growls.
Actually, that's not true.
Must everyone in your family have something totally whacked going on? No growling without farting?
You all are a belching cat away from being part of a circus.
Post a Comment