A ton of people have tagged me and I have not updated about our holiday.
Let's just say it was less than pleasurable. Tuesday afternoon, I threw our Christmas tree out the front door and it is still laying in the rhodedendrums. It's a good look.
The toddler had a very bad case of Scarlet Fever. We thought it was Hand, Foot and Mouth, but I saw a mom of one of his classmates and she told me that her daughter had Scarlet Fever. Looked it up online (which is what every ER doctor wants to hear when you go to the hospital), and sure enough, it was Scarlet Fever.
He was a mess. He went downstairs Christmas morning with daddy and it didn't even register that Santa had been there and there were toys under the tree. Poor kid.
The baby had a fever, which I attributed to teething, but then he spiraled into a full-fledged cold.
And Daddy, who has a chronic condition and should be getting all the sleep he can, was unable to rest fully. Which brings on major guilt with Mommy.
May 2008 bring us health, plenty of rest, and world peace.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Scarlet Fever sounds awful (I had to google it). I hope your family is on the mend soon and gets some much needed rest. Good health to you in the new year.
Oh IM, this sounds awful. I hope the little ones, and your husband, and you! have a wonderful and peaceful and HEALTHY New Year.
blech! i say you are entitled to a gigantic celebration of a minor holiday- say valentine's day or st. patrick's day- or heck, president's day. something... in which the family is well and enjoying one another. may it be a much healthier new year.
Wishing you a healthy New Year. You've been thru enough already!
Post a Comment