Thursday, July 3, 2008

What the World Needs

We are done having children. BL and EPT are just too much sometimes and there is no way logistically I could handle another child. We have enough love for more, but not enough arms. And we'd have to get a new car. One with Captain's seats so the munchkins can't beat the shit out of each other while we're driving down the highway.

But I digress....

The main issue that I have now is that I have a lot of CRAP that I am parting with. Some stuff is certainly sentimental. Clothing, for instance. That makes me sad when it leaves the house.

But I have discovered that there really should be a cookbook for the stuff that's in my pantry that we'll never use now.

Zwieback for instance. I have a half-used box. (Half full? Half empty?) Neither of my kids had any interest. But marketing got the best of me and I bought it. And the box is now taking up space in my pantry. Surely there's some bruschetta recipe somewhere that could use Zwieback? Right?

Rice cereal? How about pancakes using your left over rice, barley or oatmeal cereal?

Anyone with me?

5 comments:

Shazza said...

I think it will make a nice base for a lovely bruschetta!

Unknown said...

Try this:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zweiback-Cheesecake/Detail.aspx

Maybe use the toast like biscotti - maybe dip it in chocolate and then dip it in your morning coffee. Or maybe if you dip it in chocolate the kids will eat it and you can serve it as a "treat".

Ladyjane25 said...

When I used to babysit, the families I worked for never had any snacks in their house. AT ALL. I was forced to eat one of these cookies one very late night. Give them to the birds! :)

Unknown said...

Haven't got a clue.

Good luck with that.

Michele R said...

Crush the Zwieback, mix with butter & sugar and use as a base for pudding pie or ice cream cake. Bake it first, and it will be nice & crunchy!