Friday, February 29, 2008

Dorothy....

You're Not in New Jersey anymore...

The past two times I was in the local grocery store, someone gave me a coupon for something they saw in my cart. Complete strangers.

And, when our car needed to be inspected, I called the station to ask if they had a drop-box for keys. The machine was very generic, which I thought was strange, but hey, Small Town USA, right? About an hour later I got my phone call returned. I had called the wrong number. But the guy I had called just happens to get his car worked on at this particular shop. So he wanted to let me know that they did, indeed, have an after hours drop-box.

Wow.

2 comments:

Presbyfruit's History Bits said...

Stories like this make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Shazza said...

Yeah...if you do something nice for someone here in NJ they look at you like you are going to mug them! They just can't accept people can be nice - just for the sake of being nice.

It's a shame.