I come from the land of no accents and everyone should talk like us state.
The spoken word is usually what irks me, so if we ever meet, I may correct you. I try to do it only for the younger ones, the older ones are just screwed for life I figure. So that may apply to your plea as well.
They also switch "leave" and "let" around. As in "Let the door open" or "Let a message". I never heard such poor grammar until I moved to S. Central PA.
BFH - Best Friend who doubles as my Husband. We still like each other after 10 years of marriage.
BL - Big Love. Our oldest. He's currently 3 1/2 and the biggest extrovert you've ever met. Loves sports, animals and refused to let his mother cuddle.
EPT - The "baby." Colic for the first 4 months confirmed we will not have any other. While he is usually the most pleasant kid you've ever met, sometimes he reminds us that we'll never want to pee on a stick again.
The Pack - Two big dogs. Both females. 7 and 10 years of age. Both rescues. Both Omega dogs. It can be interesting.
The Zoo - Includes 2 cats and a box turtle. Sometimes we have a fish. Sometimes we also have a foster dog.
5 comments:
How do they pronounce it? It must sound funny.
I come from the land of no accents and everyone should talk like us state.
The spoken word is usually what irks me, so if we ever meet, I may correct you. I try to do it only for the younger ones, the older ones are just screwed for life I figure. So that may apply to your plea as well.
Maybe.
They also switch "leave" and "let" around. As in "Let the door open" or "Let a message". I never heard such poor grammar until I moved to S. Central PA.
Also? They drop the infinitive form.
"Needs fixed" is NOT correct Enlgish. Gah!
My favorite is that the play vaccuum cleaner in our Head Start classroom is actually labled 'sweeper'.
Ummmm, that's slang not what it ACTUALLY is.
Happy THanksgiving!
Post a Comment