Saturday, September 29, 2007

Huh?

I go to a fairly popular women's website that features journals. It has been very interesting for me to read what other women are thinking. But there are times when I get confused. For instance...

A woman journaled about how if we don't tithe, demons will take over. It was this wild rant that made absolutely no sense. So in my weird sense of humor over all things religion, I posted back to her that this would actually be convenient for me. I can't find my Halloween decorations. So perhaps I will not tithe this October and the demons can just come to my home. She was not amused.

Here's what she wrote to me...

Subject: it may be weird when you dont know the things you need to know
Message:
it may be weird but once you go to church and become involve in it yourself and see what it really means to pay tithes and understand what you really mean than you wont know unless you ask. aint no wrong question.


Ok then.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It's too bad so many Christians leave their sense of irony and humor at the door.

I thought tithing was about joy, anyway.

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Gay, Married, with Cat said...

Maybe you can postdate a check to the church; that way, when Halloween is over and the check is cashed the demons disappear! :-)

will smama said...

Why, IM, why do you insist on poking at these people?

Identity Mixed said...

Oh, WS... It's what I do!