I am a member of a local Moms Group. The irony is that the acronym is Moms Offering Moms Support. I have in many ways felt support, but in so many not.
About a month ago, I was informed of two letters complaining about me. I was told that the one letter complained about my son peeing at a local park. The other letter complained that I cursed at a meeting.
First of all.... the world is a boy's urinal. My son knows that he needs to be private. Go hide behind a bush. We'll Purell your hands later. Second, I don't want to curse in front of my own children. So if I did, tell me then!
I confided in a few friends who all thought the whole thing was ridiculous. And I did feel support.
But then I got to read the actual letters. It was absurd. Absolutely absurd.
The woman who complained about the Pissing Playdate (as it will forever be known) also said that I have an aggressive child. Knowing full well who the person is, I cannot fathom why she would think that. She has an advanced degree. She should know about child behavior. And my child is NOT aggressive.
The other issue that she had was not so much that my son peed behind a bush, but that I talked about it. I told them that we were newly potty trained at our house and we've been working through when to pee and where. If you're inside, you go inside. If you're outside and it's an emergency or there is no bathroom, go be private. She didn't like this dialogue. Was she concerned that her son was going to get any ideas? I'm tempted to go pee in her yard.
The other letter was nitpicking. There were dates mentioned. And we do everything by Evite. So I can go back through and narrow down the list. And the list startles me. Someone who I thought was my friend clearly was not.
So what now? Thoughts?
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
for cripes sake... how catty, how cruel... i don't know what to say... can you speak the truth in love, face to face with these folks, model adult behavior to them?
sounds like junior high... why do women do this to each other?
some of the nastiest anonymous statements submitted to the session of my last church were written by women... i know it. and it makes me sad to remember it.
Oh, that is all so stupid... Who has the energy to be so mean?
It's obvious that this woman has nothing better to do.
And I think she's a little jealous because she can't pee in the park like little boys can!
Post a Comment